Wednesday, February 10, 2010

a hearts dilemma

A HEARTS DILEMMA
by: mhereal


Looking at you at a distance
makes my heart dance
every beat speaks your name
every pump erases all worries and pain.

Every time you pass by
I also feel my heart fly
and every smile you show
makes my world go slow.

I know it's stupid
I know it's wrong
but what if I'm on my way believing
that I am already falling.

I don't want to
but what can I do?
if that's the way you make me feel
and if I take it just too real.

That every morning, as I wake up
the thought of you makes me pause and stop
every time I close my eyes
all I see is you and me.

Why do I keep on dreaming?
Why does my heart keep on hoping?
dreaming the impossible
hoping like a fool.

Constantly, you're on my mind
 making you a part of me
and no matter what I do
day by day, I just keep on missing you.

Am I into something?
Is this a feeling worth having?
A song worth singing?
Or just a tear not worth shedding?

The day I saw you with her
my heart started breaking
and in silence I cry, thinking
 Why is love so damaging?

Since that day
I avoided this feeling
I now learned that love can be so tormenting
seeing my own self slowly dying.


And now I know
dreams can't become realities
there is no such thing as fantasy
and fairy tales are only stories.
Time heal all wounds
they often say
others may say it'll soon be okay
but what if the wound stays?









5 comments:

  1. nice words used, forceful...
    personally lang, don't generalize, coz sometimes, dreams do come true...

    xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. ka heartbroken pd ui, hehe! but nice poem .. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! It's easy to read and scan. Contentwise, it's interesting and I think everyone can agree when I say that this is something worth publishing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Mel!

    My pleasure in reading your blog came from the discovery that you write poems. Cheers!

    Even though the present design makes it easy to focus on your poetry, interest heightens if you can insert multimedia storytelling, even a few striking visual details.

    I've visited blogs where the writer introduced the poem or added a note sharing what inspired the pen of the poet. This adds a personal dimension to the poetry and helps avoids the sweeping generalization or ambiguity that tends to hound some poems.

    Looking forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete